registertoday to attend, click here or call: 0161 713 3857
Govtoday is pleased to announce Healthy Communities 2012, the 2nd National Conference and Exhibition to explore the Healthy Communities Agenda. Delivering healthier, happier and longer lives will be held at the prestigious Brewery Conference Centre, London, on Wednesday 19th September 2012.
In 2006, the Improvement and Development Agency (IDeA), funded by the Department of Health, designed a programme that would assist local government in tackling health inequalities and improving health. The Health Communities programme aimed to build the capacity of local authorities working with communities to:
- Tackle local health inequalities;
- Provide leadership to promote wellbeing, partnership working and integration; and
- Foster a joined-up approach to health improvement across local government, through Local Strategic Partnerships, Health and Wellbeing Boards, Joint Strategic Needs Assessments and Local Area Agreements.
The Programme initially addressed the agenda of the previous government, as well as NHS reform, modernisation of public services and the creation of services delivered jointly throughout the public, private and voluntary sectors. Funding was initially allocated for two years, and was extended until 2011 to reflect the need for continued support to the local government sector. The programme finally closed on 31st December 2011.
Healthy Communities 2012:Delivering Healthier, Happier and Longer Lives
- Question and Answer Panel Session-Morning
- Paul Hayes-
- Janet Atherton-The New Role for the Director of Public Health
- Phillip Woodward-Local Government Public Health Briefings–The Local Agenda
- Deborah Evans, National Pathfinder Project Lead, Healthy Living Pharmacy Pathfinder Programme
Association of Directors of Public Health
Janet Atherton was elected as President of the Association of Directors of Public Health (ADPH) from May 2012 for a term of three years.
She has been actively involved in the... Read more
The Roy Castle Centre
NHS Healthchecks & follow up service manager
University of Greenwich
Public Health Strategist - Children & Young People
London Borough of Islington Council
Administrator Sexual Health
University of Greenwich
Health Scrutiny Manager
Surrey County Council
London Borough of Merton Council
Safeguarding Adults Lead-CCG
Royal College of Physicians